What is Underwriting?
The F.C.C. authorizes non-commercial stations to acknowledge gifts or grants from businesses who underwrite specific programs or portions of our programming. Recognition of those gifts on the air is referred to as an underwriting message.
Who can Underwrite?
Businesses, Churches or Organizations who want to support the Christian radio ministry of KJIR by underwriting or sponsoring a portion of our program can receive “on air” acknowledgment of their support through an underwriting announcement.
What does it include?
* An underwriting announcement includes:
* Name of the business
* Phone number
* Years in business
* Generic list of products and/or services provided
Why Underwrite On Radio?
* It reaches people in their home, vehicle and business.
* It’s mobile, reaching people just before they enter the store.
* The production cost is low compared to television.
* 77% of all adults tune in to radio for more than three hours every day.
Why Underwrite On Christian Radio?
* Christian radio listeners ascribe an incredible amount of loyalty to their station. Many Christian radio listeners listen exclusively to Christian radio. For this reason they tend to support those merchants who support their station.
* Christian radio is a message-oriented medium. In a day when radio stations are nothing more than background mediums, people tune to Christian radio for the message it conveys.
Interested in becoming a underwriter please contact us: